2018 Emerging Technology and Torts of the Future
Who: Join the Institute for Legal Reform (ILR) and the U.S. Chamber Technology Engagement Center (C_TEC) as we explore emerging technologies and the impact of liability issues on innovation.
What: America’s thriving technology sector is leading the world in innovation, but emerging technologies face challenging legal hurdles. Reactionary regulations and new avenues for litigation can do potential long-term damage to businesses and the economy.
When: April 18, 2018
Where: Seattle, WA
2017 Legal Reform Summit: The Litigation Jungle
Who: Each year, ILR's Legal Reform Summit gathers business and industry leaders and preeminent issue experts to discuss the current state of legal reform. Rudy Giuliani, 107th Mayor of New York City, delivered luncheon keynote remarks.
What: "The Litigation Jungle," will examine the complex and evolving litigation landscape and provide a roadmap to navigate it. Topics along the journey will include emerging technologies, big data, global liability developments, the effect of regulatory trends on the states, evolution of the U.S. Supreme Court, and trial lawyer advertising.
When: October 25, 2017
Where: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Headquarters, Washington, DC
CFPB’s Anti-Arbitration Rule: Analysis & Implications
Who: The U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform (ILR) and the U.S. Chamber’s Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness (CCMC) Event.
What: Hear from experts as they discuss the final rule, implications for the industry, and a variety of next steps.
When: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (Registration and networking breakfast will open at 8:30 a.m., followed by the program from 8:45 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.).
Where: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Headquarters, Washington, DC.
Emerging Technologies and Torts of the Future
Who: Industry and legal climate experts from around the country.
What: Thought leaders at the Emerging Technologies and Torts of the Future event explored emerging technologies, such as the Internet of Things, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Autonomous Vehicles, and others, and considered how to prevent liability issues from threatening innovation.
When: March 29, 2017.
Where: Menlo Park, CA.
2016 Legal Reform Summit – The Litigation Machine
- Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican Presidential Nominee and Former Governor of Massachusetts
Enforcement Maze: Over-Criminalizing American Enterprise
- The Honorable Bob Goodlatte, U.S. House of Representatives and Chairman, House Committee on the Judiciary
- The Honorable David W. Ogden, Partner, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP and Former Deputy Attorney General of the United States
- The Honorable Orrin Hatch, U.S. Senate, Chairman, Senate Finance Committee and Former Chairman, Senate Judiciary Committee
2015 Legal Reform Summit – A Liability Odyssey
- John Stossel, Emmy Award-Winning Journalist, Host and Commentator, Fox Business Network and Former ABC News Correspondent & Co-Anchor of 20/20
2014 Legal Reform Summit – The Enforcement “Collidescope”: The New Litigation Paradigm
- The Honorable Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey
2013 Legal Reform Summit – Healing the U.S. Lawsuit System
- Peggy Noonan, Columnist for the Wall Street Journal and the bestselling author of seven books on American politics, history, and culture
2012 Legal Reform Summit – Courthouse or Cash Machine?
- Rudy Giuliani, Former Mayor of New York City
2011 Legal Reform Summit – Jobs not Lawsuits!
- The Honorable John A. Boehner, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina
2010 Legal Reform Summit
- Kenneth R. Feinberg, Feinberg Rozen, LLP