Wednesday, October 24, 2018 ● US Chamber of Commerce ● Hall of Flags
Opening Remarks | Lisa A. Rickard, President, U.S Chamber Institute for Legal Reform
U.S. Tort Cost Rundown
New research shows how much the U.S. tort system costs the average American family and which states carry the heaviest tort cost burden.
- Paul Hinton, Principal, The Brattle Group
- Stephen Waguespack, President and CEO, Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Interviewed by: Connie Lewis Lensing, Senior Vice President - Legal Department, FedEx Express
Outstanding Alliance Award
Data Privacy Followers
Federal Trade Commission leadership discusses current data privacy and security enforcement priorities for the agency.
- Andrew Smith, Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
Like and Subscribe: Cooperation, Compliance and Rational Enforcement
A Fortune 100 general counsel addresses trends in DOJ enforcement including the recent emphasis placed on cooperation and compliance.
- Suzette Long, Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Caterpillar Inc.
State Leadership Award
A Briefing on Balance in State Government
- Michael Schirling, Secretary, Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, State of Vermont
In The Newsfeed: Securities Class Actions
Experts explore what’s driving the recent increase in securities class actions and the new litigation model behind these lawsuits.
- Andrew J. Pincus, Partner, Mayer Brown
Research & Policy Award
#AtlanticCrossing: U.S.-Style Class Actions in Europe
Practitioners explore recent class and group litigation in the UK and proposed law in the EU that highlight the rapid expansion of collective actions and third party litigation funding across the Atlantic.
- Ken Daly, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP (Brussels)
- James P. Masterson, Assistant General Counsel, Litigation, MasterCard
11:25 – 11:50 P.M.
Top 5 Legal Trends to Watch
Lightning-round experts address class actions and MDLs, data privacy and technology, locality lawsuits, third party litigation funding, and securities litigation.
- John H. Beisner, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Megan Brown, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
- Kay Winfree, Of Counsel, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Page Faulk, Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform
- Lee Meihls, Founder, President and Senior Consultant, Trial Partners
Keynote: Perspectives from the World’s First Digital Human
- Rachel, the World’s First Digital Human
- Richard Darden, Distinguished Engineer, Watson Implementations Public Sector Global Delivery, IBM
- Introduced by: Oriana Senatore, Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform
A-to-Z with a State AG
The Florida Attorney General elaborates on the pressing enforcement and policy priorities of her office.
- Pamela J. Bondi, Attorney General, State of Florida
The Final Word | Harold H. Kim, Executive Vice President, U.S Chamber Institute for Legal Reform
Networking Reception and Speaker Interaction
** Content and Speakers Subject to Change**